In 2017, the online gun blogging world lost one of it's greatest with the passing of Hognose, author of the superb Weaponsman blog. He was a giant in a world filled with greats. His eclectic postings on all manner of small arms, literature, history, and aviation were a great inspiration to me as I furthered my career in the firearms market.
While working the gun counter at Gander Mountain, I would often take to Facebook to lament humorously idiotic customers, stupid guns, and the shenanigans we would engage while repairing guns not worth repairing. After much prompting from friends and family, I decided I would start my own blog concerning firearms and the like.
A little bit about me: Air Force brat, gun lover, former frat boy turned professional Boy Scout who decided that shaping young men was taking too much of a toll on the liver and decided to start selling guns. I now work at a local pawn and gun where I get to see everything from Hi Points to original WWI M-1911s come in on pawn or consignment.
Moving forward, I'll try to do a daily post following a set schedule.
- Military Monday - Cool Military History stories from America's involvement on the world stage
- Tinkering Tuesday - What's currently on my work bench and giving MidayUSA money
- Weapon Wednesday - Neat old guns from the back of the safe
- Tactical Thursday - A few things I've learned here and there as an NRA Pistol Instructor
- Free Form Friday - Either a chunk of my novel or maybe a rant about how the Braves bullpen sucks, depends on how much beer I drink at Hooters
- Cinema Saturday - An homage to Hognose, I review what ever action movie Netflix spits out at me
- Sunday Stories - The funny and sad stories from behind the gun counter
Thank you for stopping buy and reading my test post. I'll start in earnest on Sunday.