Sunday, September 11, 2022

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days.

Today was weird.  The inmate chaplain prayed for us at roll call. 

There was plenty of food provided by citizens. It was most appreciated. 

And we dealt with a fentantyl overdose. And I prayed devoutly and feverishly as I got gloves on, called for the shift sergeant and EMS over the radio, and broke open my Narcan pouch. 

She was alive when I put her on the ambulance. So there is that. 

The Braves and the Falcons both lost today. There is something to that I'm sure. 

I always look at the attacks of 9/11 thought the guise of a dumbass infantry guy who had to fight GWOT.

It is weird to look at from behind a badge. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    Some perspectives never change, you at heart are still a grunt. I hope the Lady pulls through, and I will see you this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...