Friday, June 15, 2018

Free Form Firday - Some Musings

My Uncle Gaylon passed away last week. He was a good man. Hard working. Good father. Air Force veteran. Lineman for 20 years. Good father. Pop took it kinda hard. Me too. Uncle Gaylon took me and my cousin Daniel to our first Brave's game. I will always be thankful for that. Due to Him, I can say I've seen the Braves play at Fulton County, Turner Field, and SunTrust Park.

He had a simple funeral ceremony. The ushers from the funeral home folded the flag. Jackie remarked to me afterwards that she hadn't known he was in the Air Force. I remarked that he was a Culverhouse. It's what we do.

Uncle Gaylon enjoyed an ice cold Miller Lite. I drank too much of that as a kid. But Friday morning I said fuck it and had a beer with breakfast.



Firday I went to the hardware store. The kindly old proprietor and I got to talking ammunition. I left with a box of 7mm Weatherby Magnum. I don't own a 7mm WTHBY Mag, but it looks good sitting on top of my box of 9.3x62 Mauser.

Shop local

Bought some cool guns for the shop. Bought one or two for me, too. We'll discuss those next week. Speaking of next week, Monday I turn 30. Not looking forward to that. But my good buddy Gray sent me a pretty nifty book.

Glock and Leatherman not included


Can't recommend it enough. Y'all have a nice weekend. Watch a ball game. Drink a beer. Call your family.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mack;

    Sincere condolences on your uncle, I understand, we "Insert Last Name" are the same way, all have served for generations...it is what we do. I also remember the Braves at the old Fulton County stadium, we went to the last regular season game. I couldn't afford the playoff prices, because back then the Braves were smoking, year after year and good fine at the hardware store.

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...