Friday, November 30, 2018

Free Form Friday - A Rant

 Cletus, listen, the Model 70 didn't originally come with sights. You ain't going to Africa any time soon. You don't need iron sights on that .270 you are going to put a cheap Wal Mart scope on. Please don't act like "real rifles come with irons." They haven't in the last 50 years in calibers other than .30 WCF, . 35 Rem, or .358 Winchester.

You're not a native hunting guide in Alaska.

So, Cletus, for the love of Eugene Stoner, don't bitch to me, especially when I have people stacked up at the counter, the phone ringing, the pizza guy waiting, and the FedEx guy needing me about why the Bushmaster bargain basement beginner blaster I just handed you doesn't have iron sights.

And $74.95 for a set of MagPul MOE MBUS sights is pretty effin' fair.

People wonder why I drink.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    I figured you drink because it is easier than beating some of the customers. Keep on ranting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 1936 you couldn't buy a model 70 without irons.

    Define originally.

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...