Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Tinkering Tuesday/Weapons Wednesday - Finishing and Shooting the "pistol"

So yesterday, I went to the PO Box and picked up a package.


And proceeded to get my gunsmith lego builder on. AR platform weapons are like erector sets for grown men with too much disposable income.

Step One

And done. I stick with FDE PMags to denote .300 BLK

I finally got done with the pistol build I satarted back in late summer. The lower was a blem PSA complete with a KAK blade. The upper is a Karri's Guns 7.5 Hellhound .300 Blk with M-LOK furniture. Karri's is right on the edge of budget/mid tier, but for a range toy I'm not too worried.

And speaking of range toys, the above pistol was entirely too much fun to shoot. Ran a whopping 80 rounds through it, doing a bit of load development. A lot of fun. 

Colonel Cooper wrote of the "Thumper" concept in his Gunsite Gossip columns. And was friends with JD Jones, original innovator of what became the .300 AAC Blackout. That being said, I doubt he would approve of my hand little PDW. 



Kinda funny next to a Remington 870 with an extended tube for Heavy Metal 3 Gun. And my favorite part of this whole build is that is a direct result of the asinine '34 NFA.

6 comments:

  1. Sigh, you've got WAY too much time on your hands... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey now! After ten years of chasing bad guys and five with the Boy Scouts, I'm doing okay just to make it work four days out of five.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mack;

    You are having too much fun, LOL Keep on building :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell Jackie all the times that she should be glad I spend all my money on gun parts; she need not worry about me running around anywhere else.

      Delete
  3. I had and have a few AR platform rifles, including PSA stuff. Lately, they are my toy store of choice. Assembling things my kids will end up with one day.

    For giggles, I took their cheapest upper and lower, slapped them together, and ran 500 rounds through with it utterly dry. Not a single hiccup, and fair accuracy. It's now my girlfriends play toy, after being hydrodipped in pink cheetah print (Not my idea).

    My go-to AR is based on Yankee Hill components, but spare play money gets tossed towards PSA fairly often. Funny..... in my whole life, the only AR's I've EVER had an issue with were from Colt and RR, neither even slightly cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carried a Colt made M-4 on my first tour. It ran fine but required a lot of care and attention. I have my been more than impressed with my first PSA lower. The trigger breaks cleanly at 6 and 1/2 pounds according to the guage. That's surprising considering the whole completed lower was sub $200 dollars.

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...