- Today is my Friday. I'm off the next two days. I will probably go to Home Depot tomorrow after I have lunch at Hooters with a couple of
RhodesianGander Mountain ex pats. We will sit and drink stale beer and talk about what new books we've read concerning the Bush War.
- If you put a Timney trigger in a Mosin that is already in an expensive aftermarket stock you still have an obsolete bolt gun in an antiquated caliber. I probably could have found you a Remington 700 for far cheaper than where you're at now with your janky sniper rifle. And no, it is not just as good.
- Jesus, AR parts give me a damn headache. Listen Cletus, you ain't fast roping into Mosul. I will do my level best to order what you want. Provided you can pay for it and it is a part, that you know, actually exists.
- I somehow found myself on the agenda at the district round table for the Scouts tomorrow night. I thought I hung all my uniforms up. Oh wait. I've had some sort of shirt with shoulder straps and crap over the pockets, be it Army or Boy Scout khaki since I was 10 years old. Oops.
- I've decided my "heavy" for Africa will be a Ruger Guide Gun in .375 Ruger Compact Magnum.
- Furthermore, I've decided my next big project is going to be a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag; comfortably nestled in some sort of chassis. Probably something from MagPul.
- Speaking of the 700, I really really really like the Pawn Shop Special pre-ADL .243 700 I picked up. Damn. That thing is handy, and it shoots. Like real good. I may have to buy another rifle for Jackie.
- Look for a book review tomorrow.
- Look for a fun write about my new favorite weapon on Wednesday.
- Violating my political rule for a minute: What in the hell is happening in Virginia? I mean damn. I was a stereotypical frat boy. I drank a lot. I went to and threw a lot of raging parties. But we never assualted any women nor did we ever mock people of a different race. We were much too refined as fine Southern gentlemen for any thing like that.
Monday, February 11, 2019
If you pick up I-16 in Macon and head east, right before you get to the Statesboro exit, you pass the Georgia Veteran's Memorial cemeter...
Two year ago today, a great friend of the gun culture left our world. I like to think that perhaps the big op, the final battle between good...
Before we hit today's Sunday Story, actually posted on a Sunday, all my former and current and military readers may want go read this. ...
In 2017, the online gun blogging world lost one of it's greatest with the passing of Hognose, author of the superb Weaponsman blog. He ...