Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday Musings


  • Today is my Friday. I'm off the next two days. I will probably go to Home Depot tomorrow after I have lunch at Hooters with a couple of Rhodesian Gander Mountain ex pats. We will sit and drink stale beer and talk about what new books we've read concerning the Bush War.
  • If you put a Timney trigger in a Mosin that is already in an expensive aftermarket stock you still have an obsolete bolt gun in an antiquated caliber. I probably could have found you a Remington 700 for far cheaper than where you're at now with your janky sniper rifle. And no, it is not just as good.
  • Jesus, AR parts give me a damn headache. Listen Cletus, you ain't fast roping into Mosul. I will do my level best to order what you want. Provided you can pay for it and it is a part, that you know, actually exists.  
  • I somehow found myself on the agenda at the district round table for the Scouts tomorrow night. I thought I hung all my uniforms up. Oh wait. I've had some sort of shirt with shoulder straps and crap over the pockets, be it Army or Boy Scout khaki since I was 10 years old. Oops. 
  • I've decided my "heavy" for Africa will be a Ruger Guide Gun in .375 Ruger Compact Magnum. 
  • Furthermore, I've decided my next big project is going to be a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag; comfortably nestled in some sort of chassis. Probably something from MagPul. 
  • Speaking of the 700, I really really really like the Pawn Shop Special pre-ADL .243 700 I picked up. Damn. That thing is handy, and it shoots. Like real good. I may have to buy another rifle for Jackie. 
  • Look for a book review tomorrow. 
  • Look for a fun write about my new favorite weapon on Wednesday. 
  • Violating my political rule for a minute: What in the hell is happening in Virginia? I mean damn. I was a stereotypical frat boy. I drank a lot. I went to and threw a lot of raging parties. But we never assualted any women nor did we ever mock people of a different race. We were much too refined as fine Southern gentlemen for any thing like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...