- Today is my Friday. I'm off the next two days. I will probably go to Home Depot tomorrow after I have lunch at Hooters with a couple of
RhodesianGander Mountain ex pats. We will sit and drink stale beer and talk about what new books we've read concerning the Bush War.
- If you put a Timney trigger in a Mosin that is already in an expensive aftermarket stock you still have an obsolete bolt gun in an antiquated caliber. I probably could have found you a Remington 700 for far cheaper than where you're at now with your janky sniper rifle. And no, it is not just as good.
- Jesus, AR parts give me a damn headache. Listen Cletus, you ain't fast roping into Mosul. I will do my level best to order what you want. Provided you can pay for it and it is a part, that you know, actually exists.
- I somehow found myself on the agenda at the district round table for the Scouts tomorrow night. I thought I hung all my uniforms up. Oh wait. I've had some sort of shirt with shoulder straps and crap over the pockets, be it Army or Boy Scout khaki since I was 10 years old. Oops.
- I've decided my "heavy" for Africa will be a Ruger Guide Gun in .375 Ruger Compact Magnum.
- Furthermore, I've decided my next big project is going to be a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag; comfortably nestled in some sort of chassis. Probably something from MagPul.
- Speaking of the 700, I really really really like the Pawn Shop Special pre-ADL .243 700 I picked up. Damn. That thing is handy, and it shoots. Like real good. I may have to buy another rifle for Jackie.
- Look for a book review tomorrow.
- Look for a fun write about my new favorite weapon on Wednesday.
- Violating my political rule for a minute: What in the hell is happening in Virginia? I mean damn. I was a stereotypical frat boy. I drank a lot. I went to and threw a lot of raging parties. But we never assualted any women nor did we ever mock people of a different race. We were much too refined as fine Southern gentlemen for any thing like that.
Monday, February 11, 2019
So, I've never been a big fan of the AR-15. That is to say outside of a SHTF carbine and maybe a coyote/hog rig, I never saw the point i...
Before we hit today's Sunday Story, actually posted on a Sunday, all my former and current and military readers may want go read this. ...
In the fall of 2015, Jackie and I moved into together. A small little rambling turn of the century house on the edge of a small town. It wa...
For the inaugural Military Monday, I'm going to paint for you in broad strokes the very rough outline of my senior thesis/very fuzzy not...