Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Weapons Wednesday -Winchester Short Mag - Take Two

 So, what's the best way to deal with the ammo panic? Dry fire? Reloading? Hoarding?

None of the above! The best thing to do is buy a rifle in a hard to fine caliber that is loaded only seasonally!


I like Model 70s. And I have come around to the short magnum bastard cartridges. 

And when my best friend Huck called and said:

"Hey, I'm looking at a Model 70 Ultimate Shadow in three hundred short mag. Guy only wants four bills for it. You in?" 

I of course said sure and promptly got into the truck. 


I like yellow and orange 

Excuse the potato quality cell phone pics. 



I had a VX-II 4-12x40mm lying around and it dropped right on there. Warne rings and bases because I get those damn free from work .


The Model 70 Ultimate Shadow is a new production, pre 64 designed gun made right before Winchester went bankrupt and got gobbled up by FNH. 

Super lightweight; ergonomic, easy handling rifle. And hey, I still got 300 WSM on the shelf at the store. 


Thanks for stopping buy. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    You allllmost but not quite have the "Old NFO" luck with finding guns...good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Yeah. My luck has dried up since I left the pawn and gun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey now! There have to be some perks to being a Counter Jockey

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time here. Back when I was a sole proprietor FFL (in Kalifornia no less) I got myself a M70 SS Classic in 308. As you say, "Super lightweight; ergonomic, easy handling rifle". Stumbled over a sale on Swarovski scopes in the old dead tree version of the 'Shotgun News', so got a 3-10 power to go with. Heh, "Nice rifle ya got mounted on your scope".

    Have since escaped to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you escaped to free America!

      Thanks for stopping buy

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...