Monday, December 17, 2018

Monday Moving

I apologize for the radio silence over the past week. Last week was a bit of a blur. Sold a bunch of guns at work. Bought a couple. Played with my new optic. And most importantly, took a new job opportunity.

So, the small town gun and pawn I'm currently at is a lot of fun.

But, Big City Range and Training Center offered better pay and better hours. Along with promotion potential.

Furthermore, being a place that mainly centers around shooting, some manufacturing, and new guns, my wallet will be a lot more thankful not being subjected to Remington 721s, Jericho 941s, and Ruger P-345s that have to have forever homes.

So, been busy. Oh, and Mickey threw a rocking Christmas party on Saturday that made me useless all day Sunday. Except for the three hours I hauled my carcas to the a small church outside a small town.

One of the kids that worked for me at Boy Scout camp recieved his Eagle. Kinda a big deal. I dusted off my old professional Scouter blazer and affixed my Eagle medal to it.

Jackie and I went. Shook some hands, hugged some necks, told a bunch of fellows that I missed them and that I heard they were still doing good work.

His Scoutmaster spoke. As did his dad and SPL. And then the new Eagle spoke.

He gave me an Eagle mentor pin. I've never gotten one of those. I used to say that out of all the trinkets, ribbons, and badges I had; only the Eagle medal, Fraternity lapel pin, and CIB mattered.

I reckon I need to add a cheap plated gold Eagle pin to that list as well.

For once in my life, I couldn't find the words.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    I am glad the big city gun store is offering you a job more suited to your interest, I plan on dropping by and getting my goldenboy out of the shop before you depart. Also I got my first eagle mentor pin, I was very honored because it does show that we are making an impact on the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the move! Best wishes! And congrats too on the Eagle Mentor pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it isn't the pin/badge but it is who is presenting it to you...

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...