Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Talking Tuesday

Over, on the book of faces, Tam shared a post poking fun at the old timer behind the gun counter. I felt inspired to turn that on it's head. Please find below a little quiz to take to determine if you're "that" customer: 

1) You are standing in line waiting for the clerk to assist you. He is busy showing a young lady a Glock   19. What should you do? 
    A. Wait patiently and think about baseball 
    B. Interject and say she needs a Judge 
    C. Interject and say those tupperware guns are useless 
    D. Interject and say she needs something small and pink 

2) You are looking for the newest rifle from Remchester. The clerk hands you said rifle. It has a reasonable price on it. What should you do? 
    A. Say "Great, I'll take it." 
    B. Bore him with a story about a deer you shot in 1975 with a Marlin from 200 yards. 
    C. Complain that "they don't make them like they use to." 
    D. Ask if you buy the gun do you get free "shells" 

3) You are looking at high end sporting shotguns while your wife shops next door at Kohl's. The clerk is showing a young man different types of 9mm Hollow Points. What do you do? 
    A. Say nothing and continue about your day 
    B. Interject how 9mm is worthless and you need to carry a gun in a caliber that starts with "4" 
    C. Interject how hollow point ammunition will get you prosecuted 
    D. Interject about how you alternate ball and hollow points in your carry mag 

4) It is the day before deer season. You NEED a box of .25-06 soft points. The store is very busy. What do you do? 
    A. Wait patiently and think about football 
    B. Call the clerk "Boy" real loud to asert dominance 
    C. Skip the line and interrupt the clerk filling out a 4473 
    D. Loudly complain about all these folks buying "space guns" 

5) The clerk is showing a petite young lady a Troy Industries AR pistol with a brace. He is talking about Speer gold dots and active hearing protection for inside the home. What should you do?
    A. Wait patiently and think about bowling
    B. Say that all you need for home defense is a pump shotgun
    C. Loudly state that them braces illegal
    D. Tell a story about how you carried a M-14 for two years in West Germany

6) A well dressed young man is looking at a high end piece of glass for his new F-Class rifle. What should you do?
    A. Wait patiently and think about basketball
    B. Let out a whistle and remark about the price tag
    C. Say that the Barska you bought at Wal-Mart is just as good
    D. Mutter about iron sights and how things use to be

If you had more than two answers other than "A", maybe you should take a long look in the mirror before going to the gun shop on Saturday to "look around". 

Hope y'all enjoyed today's lesson. And if any feathers were ruffled, let me know in the comments. But all of this was in good fun.

Housekeeping note: The new blogger layout sucks. But I'm getting use to it. 
    

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mack;

    There you go after the Boomers again, LOL just kidding. I enjoyed the Posting and you are correct, the new blogger layout sucks and it is hard to deal with, I miss the legacy Blogger :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can't gently harass Jim what's the point of blogging?

      Delete
  3. Pretty much all A's, but I'd 'expect' a box of shells if I bought a new gun...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a gun shop can afford to throw in a box of ammo, the price tag was $20 too high to start with.

      Delete
    2. Yes, which is why you ask for the ammo if the "reasonable" price is $20 too high.

      Delete
    3. That makes no sense, Mr. the Baptist, but you do you, bro.

      Delete
    4. I can generally do that with used guns. But not new ones. Margins are too thin. But we do give complimentary range time with every firearm purchase

      Delete
    5. Free range time is a win/win!

      Delete
    6. And hell, here's where my Capitalist streak comes into play, normally with free range time I sell more ammo, targets, and other assorted sundries.

      Delete
  4. Truer words have never been spoken

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. E. Is she is a new shooter? Is gun counter guy being helpful with the girl? If yes and no, then ask if the G19 grip seems comfortable or overly large. If too large or unsure, suggest she also look at a Glock 43 (or other non brick-grip pistol) for comparison.

    2. E. What the hell does reasonable mean? I don't come to your shop to get an ok price. If I think still it's a bit high, ask about a free box of ammo. Perhaps use the word "shells" to annoy you.

    3. A.

    4. E. Why the hell would I be buying hunting ammo the day before deer season? I'd still need to check zero at the range. Also, I would try to see if the store had any in stock without bothered anyone before I got in line.

    5. E. What caliber are the gold dots? If pistol caliber, then mind my own business. If rifle, ask if she has ever shot one of those. If not, then reiterate that most AR pistols are really goddamn loud especially indoors.

    6. B. But quietly and mostly to myself. Also ask the guy where he shoots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should just ask for an application!?!

      Delete
  6. I'd be inclined to go with A for each but I don't follow any sports. Guess I'm out of luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about hunting or fishing is also appropriate

      Delete
  7. I a, never in a hurry at the gun store. I will just wander around and look if they are busy. I make mental notes on what is available for what price at that particular store. I will NOT voice an opinion unless I am with the person looking at that particular firearm and they ask my opinion. I have a question though why is it when you pick up a gun they want to go home with you. I have been buying guns for over 40 years and it keeps happening. OH well i hope it keeps happening until I cannot go to a gun store any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite things to do is wander into a small local gun shop, a bit of cash on hand, a d just see jumps out at me

      Delete
  8. Who would have time to properly put on active hearing protection in a home invasion scenario?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Jeff may not have passed the test... but I’m not sure, I’m just standing over here in the corner thinking about baseball...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just means that as Hoon as I get done huffing Windex I'll be sure to let you know we're all out 9mm except for range use

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...