Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday Stories - A recap, A small rant, and A schedule

Imagine, if you will a approaching middle age aspiring gun writer. And you give him a Saturday off.  He'll wake up and start pounding Bud Heavies. And then get showered and dressed. And then get in the car and venture up to the college town of the big state school.

There he'll reunite with old couple friends
Pat punched above his class. So did I.

He'll watch one of old roomates get married.
Fritz and I can shotgun clays and beers

And then he and some brother from the dear olde fraternity will go to a college bar
We ditched the wives somewhere. I think we all made it back to the hotel.

So, a good time was had. But the problem with such shenanigans is they put you behind at work. And being behind at work puts you behind every where else. So, sorry for the lack of content.

Today's Sunday Story will be very brief. I can be pedantic when it comes to firearms. Springfield Armory Inc, not the Government Aresnal, makes a copy of the M-14 called the M1A. It's a fairly good rifle. But it not an M-14. Nor is it an M-1 Garand. Sorry Cletus, it ain't. And yes the Army and the Navy, at great expense to the taxpayers, have pulled a bunch of old M-14s out of warehouses, put them in EBR stocks and sent them to the Sandbox.

Some work good, some not so much. But the National Match M1A I have on my rack ain't gonna win the damn GWOT. Please either buy the thing or give it back to me. I don't need a lecture on the supposed shortcomings of the 5.56mm round when I've got other; hopefully paying customers on the counter. 

Sorry Cletus. 

But, it's still a pretty rifle that shoots hella good with irons. 

This week we're gonna talk about the defense of Wake Island, the PBY Catalina, the tactical advantage to OC, and shoot the P-95 some more. Hope every one had a nice weekend. 

Oh, and go through Kevin some money. He's a good dude. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mack;

    I almost bought a "SOCOM 16" about 10 years ago, the price was actually pretty good, but it took a while to warm up the spousal unit to the idea and by the time I went back, the price had doubled. So that idea was a non starter. I did take the Garand out shooting and did good, now I gotta find time to go shooting again, between Bandseptember, Bandtober, and the scout stuff, I am busier than a frog on a hot rock, and this with me trying to sneak in a bit of "overtime" here and there. I will call you up for a possible shoot date if your schedule will mesh. And Congratulations on the wedding party and not getting lost and waking up in a bathtub filled with ice and missing a kidney.

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...