Sunday, February 3, 2019

Super Sunday Musings


  • At new work, we have a 4" S&W 460 in the case. Two Canadians guys were doing some gun tourism and after shooting a Mk 18 clone, they oogled over it after they paid. One of them asked if it was a Judge. Trying to be polite, I responded that it was what a Judge wanted to be when it grew up. They were less than impressed with it's inability to fire shot shells. Derp is trans national apparently.
  • I just walked up to the den after watching the third Transformers. It's really cool when Colonel Lennox asks for volunteers for a one way trip. And the junior kid says he'll find his own ride back. And all that is lost when Colonel Lennox says with all seriousness "We'll use the squireel suits to get in close." I finished my Mimosa after that one. 
  • Friday I had a gentleman get most irate over the fact that apparently I did use the newest bestest thread grease on his AR upper. Um, sir, I believe that grease you wanted me to use is metallic and conductive. But what do I know about the M-16/M-4/Mk 18/ AR-15 platform? I'm just a dumbass millennial who carried one for ten years and has shot them for near about twenty. 
  • A post over on the book of faces brought up Hognose. He and I first connected in discussing M-4A1 clones. When I work on something from Spikes Tactical or install something from Vendetta precision, I wonder if he is laughing his ass off at the current state of the AR market.

7 comments:

  1. In all honesty, carrying and shooting the M16 doesn't have a thing to do with working on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. I reckon I should have elaborated more on tearing them down and working on them. But yes, your average fellow with a DD214 isn't a systems expert.

      Delete
    2. When I was in, if I had more parts than field stripping said there should be you would describe the weapon as "broken" not disassembled.

      We dumb-ass-tankers were breakers, not fixers.

      Not that my military experience precluded learning later. Which I like to think I've done.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mack;

    Hate to break it to you but you ain't a traditional Millennial...Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't squeeze an amphibian over his rifle, did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But I was tempted to sprinkle some canola oil in it.

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...