Thursday, June 21, 2018

Tactical Thursday - 2,000 Round Edition


So, a couple of years ago Tam started shooting the bejeesus out of pistols. 2,00 rounds at a time between cleanings. And documenting it. And Kevin is doing the same. With a somewhat different tact. He's shooting the humble Ruger LCP II. Now, I think if you got together ten LCP owners, you'd be hard pressed to get a 2,000 round count from the group. But still. Shooting. For science!

A couple of weeks ago, CDR Zero posted about his love affair with the Ruger P- series and magazines. A man after my own heart. And Tam decided to shoot the heck out of a P-89. And well, I want to do what all the cool kids are doing.

In the 7th grade, my Old Man aquired two Ruger P-95DC pistols in a parking lot deal. I seem to recall being the first guy in my class to have his "own" centerfire pistol. And man, was that thing a byproduct of the 90s market. No rail, terrible tiny sights, and two factory ten rounders. But I loved it. Still do.

In the mid 00s, thanks to the wonders of the internet, I discover both Mec-Gar and Ruger magazines with a non reduced capacity. Yeah, I bought a bunch of those.

I've opined that the P- series are a wonderfully serviceable pistol. We have a P-95 with a rail at the shop from the last year of production that is just begging to come home and be a part of the Rowdy Ruger Roughnecks. (That was a terrible joke; no need to laugh)

So, moving forward, my tactical thursday will hopefully concern how the P-95 does through 2000 rounds with no cleaning.

I broke the gun down and oiled it real good Sunday afternoon. We'll see what happens.

Jackie says I shouldn't have used this picture because she hadn't dusted


3 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    Silly question...How much are you selling the P95 at the shop...Just wondering.... Good going on the shooting 2000 rounds through the P-95 and you should have dusted before taking the pic ;)

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...