Monday, June 25, 2018

Military Monday - Movie Edition

So, today for military Monday I had a great topic to discuss. I had a very interesting article to reference. I was going to embed a clip from "The Bridges at To-Ko-Ri". It was going to be good. And we were busy at the store today. So I actually had to sell guns. Bummer that. Hopefully, next Monday we'll discuss MiGs vs Cats over Korea.

But, tonight Jackie and I went and saw the new Jurassic World. It was bad. I mean really bad. I like bad movies. Delta Force, all six Tremors, Armageddon, the first three Transformers, Firebirds, I mean I like bad movies. But this was just plain painful.

I suppose the only cool part was seeing some sort of angry dinosaur being sling loaded under a Chinook.

Oh, and apparently Raptors are susceptible to 9mm/.40 S&W/10mm pistol fire. One of the evulllll mercenaries shoots one with some sort of duty sized DAO gun and damn near kills it.

Imagine that. It's almost like an over engineered riot gun shooting bird shot is a terrible choice for raptors.
(Yes, I'm still bitching about that from the first movie. I didn't have a lot of friends as a kid.)

Seriously, that was two hours of my life I'll never have back. In that time I could have finished cutting the grass and written a post to add some intelligence to the world.

That movie didn't accomplish anything remotely close to entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...