Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tinkering Tuesday - Project guns and the asinine NFA


I was relaxing on the sofa after mowing the lawn. Sipping a beer and watching the Braves play. Broke out my trusty notebook in preparation of this post. And holy cow, I got a lot of projects. I mean, the 6.5 Creedmoor build, my .35 Whelen kit gun, etc. So yeah, figure I might as well add another. Or two.

(Jackie said to slow down on the gun purchases. She didn't say anything about gun parts.)

So, last week, or week before last, can't remember, PSA ran a sell on complete pistol lowers. Now, the AR- pistol is kind of a novelty. And who wants to pay $200 bucks to SBR an AR-15. And arm braces are for those of us whom are disabled and not meant to be shouldered.

Yeah, whatever. The '34 NFA is unconstitutional. The BATFE is unconstitutional and I hope every agent that has ever or will ever carry a Treasury badge meets final judgement and is deemed a sinner.

I don't do political posting or pandering. I'm a Southern Democrat/Libertarian. Who is kinda hawkish on National Defense. I don't fit into boxes. But I am a confirmed Second Amendment absolutist.

Fat Henry Knox supplied most of the arty for the Continental Army from his personal collection.

The Second Amendment is 100% designed to fight tyranny.

And every pistol brace or Mossberg Shockwave sold is a stand for it.


Yeah, I'm gonna put a 7.5 inch upper on the above lower. And a MagPul AFG. It will be damn near a SBR.

But I'll be damned if I ever pay a tax to shorten a rifle or shotgun.

And as a further aside, I'll be damned if I ever buy something from H&S Precision.

And as a follow up to that, I'll never say the first complimentary thing of the HRT.

And that's my tinkering Tuesday rant.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    Please don't mention projects, LOL My honey doo list is threatening to overrun me like the Indians did to Custer. I am not a republican, but for right now they mostly follow my interest. The old school dixiecrats got wiped out by the left wing of the democratic party. I just am a big proponent of the United States and US first. and like you an absolute 2nd amendment supporter. BTW who is HRT and H&S?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hostage Rescue (Roasting) Team, the "elite" FBI unit that likes to burn innocents alive.

      And H&S is a high end accessories manufacture that hired Lon Horuichi, may he burn in hell with Sherman, Stalin,and Hitler

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...