Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tsundoku Tuesday- Fearing the Worst

Tsundoku - The act of buying books to stack with other unread books

So, a bit of a twofer for tactical reading today. And not really reviews at that, more like a hearty friendly recommendation.

First off, if you haven't read "Patriots" by James Wesley, Rawles you probably ought to go do that.

Major Rawles was an intel guy who got suitable paranoid during the early 90s and decided he wasn't going to eat his dog with the Wal Mart ran out of food. Oh, and he likes battle rifles and -1911s, so most of y'all should like him.

Don't think of "Patriots" as a novel per say, even though it is decently enjoyable, but think of it as the introductory manual on what books, bullets, beans, and band aids to buy before the zombies come.

"Patriots" is also the start of a series that is most enjoyable, as well. I can take no blame if your significant other gets mad at you after you feel the urge to start buying all the ammo and all the magazines. Be Prepared.

My other book recommendation today is a straight novel, however, it kind of turns into a horror story. And makes you what to refer to the above recommendation and buy enough diesel, seeds, and bottle water to colonize Mars.

"One Second After" by William R. Forstchen is a dark thriller concerning the after effects of a major EMP strike on the continental United States. It is bleak. It is scary. It is eye opening.

Don't start it at night and don't start it if your significant other is away on business.

"One Second After" is also the start of a trilogy which if anything should keep you from deciding to off yourself while your reading the first book.

America has always been a nation of individuals whom prize self reliance. The two above tomes certainly strive to build upon that and help the citizenry maintain self reliance moving forward.

4 comments:

  1. These are great recommendations for delving into survival books. Mack recommended these both to me and since my book collection has grown drastically with these, follow on books from the series' and from recommendations within.

    I would like to throw an in between recommendation: EMP (Equipping Modern Patriots) by Jonathan Hollerman. This book does a good job at showing the variances within human nature.

    Get these books and make sure you read them and not relegate them to the book pile. Both are very enjoyable and informative in different ways. And if I can read and enjoy them while taking out tips then everyone else should have no problems at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went ahead and ordered "EMP" via Amazon. Hopefully it will give me something to read when your Lady and my Lady drag me to the beach.

      Delete
  2. I read that one. My uncle even had the surplus vehicle, but he didn't sell it to me, alas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Dodge Power Wagon sitting at my Dad's barn just waiting for some restoration work.

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...