Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tinkering Tuesday - A bastard Magnum

The Winchester Model 70 should be offered in classic calibers. 270 Win, 30-06 Gov't, 375 H&H, 264 Win Mag, and the like. And it should also be stocked in dense walnut. And in no way shape form or fashion should it be offered in a niche, nearly wildcat, flash in the pan cartridge. Like those short magnums that have no real purpose.

So pretty much the exact opposite of this.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it either. But it's a Hartford produced Model 70, with CRF, a target crown, free floated barrel, and nicely bedded. For the employee price my manager made me on it, I couldn't let it sit on the rack.

Disregard the cheap Chinese Wal Mart special scope atop it; the older Loopy VX-III was sold to another employee.

The Short Magnums are interesting from a ballistic stand point, and I love all things Model 70. Even though I felt Jack O'Connor's scorn as I did my 4473.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you do not mind but I put up your excellent Post on my website Thanks Dave

    http://youwillshootyoureyeout.com/

    ReplyDelete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...