Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tactical Tuesday - Shooting the Imports

Sunday morning, I ventured over to the local indoor range. And, well, flung some lead down range.

It's kinda an obscure gun; you mightn't have heard of it

Namely, the Uzi Eagle. As imported by Uzi America. And assembled by IMI. When this gun came in the shop, I knew I had to have it. I bought it right before Jackie and I got married. So it set unattended for the next two months. Finally shot it a little bit when we went and saw Pudge and his Lady over the 4th. And it was less than impressive with 185 grn Winchester White Box FMJ.

Well flash forward to a week ago, and I did some shooting with Dennis. He had concocted a load that the Uzi Eagle really, really, really liked. Which is good because I really really really wanted to like this gun.



I ran 100 rounds through it. Zero malfunctions and decent groupings at seven, ten, and 12 yards. Which look like damn Camp Perry winning groups compared to how the gun use to shoot.


Excuse the terrible picture, but I'm mighty impressed with what the cheap import can do. An all steel, heavy TDA gun shooting .40 S&W is like the opposite of cutting edge these days, but man, it's fun when it does the work for you.

Oh, and because, it ain't any fun having a SiG and not shooting it where people can see you, I ran a box through my -226 as well.


Stay tuned for further load development for this lovely piece of mid 90s awesomeness.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mack;

    Looks like you had a good time. and I did remember reading of the Uzi Eagle, was supposed to be the little brother of the Desert Eagle that was the rage in the 1980's with the books and movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does come from the same company, yes. But that being said, it is a straight CZ-75 copy. The IDF used the 9mm version for a long time but IWI was never able to generate enough traction on the import guns.

      I source mags and parts for it through Magnum Research, the same dudes who started importing the Desert Eagle.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm exceedingly thankful to live close to a good indoor range with reasonable rates and an extremely understanding wife.

      Delete

Somber Sunday

 So, been wearing a badge for seven months now. I enjoy it. Have had good days, fun days, bad days, and even dare I say it, boring days. Tod...